Let's call the Department of Homeland Security (which oversees ICE) each business day for the next month to call for Max's return. You can call just once, or as often as you like. We have created an online signup procedure to schedule and encourage callers to cover the entire month. You can of course call without signing up, but if you sign up, then it will be easier to know whether we have enough callers. Signing up to call DHS is a simple process, as described below:
1. Click on this link: http://tiny.cc/CallDHSsignup
2. Click the "Sign up" button beside the date/time(s) you would like to call.
3. Click the "Submit and Sign up" button at the bottom of the page (don't forget to do this !! )
4. Enter your name and email address and then click the "Sign Up Now!" button at the bottom of the page. (You do NOT have to create an account to schedule your call.) Your name will appear on the schedule beside the date/time(s) that you choose.
Don't forget to call!! If you miss your date/time, feel free to call later.
Call (202) 282-8203. Our message to DHS is:
1. ICE made a mistake deporting Max since he was not a threat to national security, and we remain concerned about Max. We call upon DHS to correct this mistake, and bring Max back to restore him to his family, church, and community.
2. DHS should review other recent deportation cases for similar violations of procedure, and require ICE to follow proper procedure in future deportation proceedings.
But put these concerns into your own words !!
What's important is both the number of calls being made as well as the number of different people making these calls. If you call more than once, you can ask whether any progress is being made since the last time you called.
It will be helpful for planning to know what response you receive. After your call, please send a note to DHSandMax@gmail.com with a few details and your impression of the DHS response. We can't promise a response but appreciate any information that you might want to share.
Here are some suggestions to prepare yourself for your calls.