Your children read books that reflect Jesus' way of peace, engage the themes in the books through creativity and conversation with you, and earn a free book. It's a great way to have faith conversations together!
1. Sign in as a Shalom Reader Leader.
2. Download the book list. This list was also printed and distributed to each Central Plains congregation’s Christian Education/Nurture Committee.
3. Help your children find books from the Shalom Readers book list in your church library, school library or public library. See the Shalom Readers FAQ page for more information.
4. Help children find books to read in their age group. Give them a book record to keep track of the books they've read.
5. Equip your children to do their two creative responses.
6. Receive their creative responses with encouraging feedback. Take the opportunity to talk about the way of Jesus and how the book fits it, and how we can live it every day.
7. Submit the online reader record form that reports the books they read and names their gift book. Use their book record (above) as a reference.